Director Supervisor: Nursing Director (NS) and Office Staff
The Homemaker/Companion will follow exactly the Assignment Sheet designed specifically by the Nursing Supervisor for each patient. If there is a reason why the Homemaker/Companion cannot follow the instructions, they must call the Office to discuss the situation.
The Homemaker/Companion functions will vary with each specific case, but these guidelines should always be kept in mind:
- Work with the Nursing Supervisor and Office Staff Members to follow directions.
- Communicate problems to the office nurse, especially an unusual event.
- Follow the ASSIGNMENT SHEET and keep a daily record of activities of the sheet.
- Cleaning, laundry, meal preparation, and other duties only according to directions.
- Remember, as a HOMEMAKER/COMPANION, you are not allowed to provide any “hands on" or direct patient care. When in doubt, call the office.
Reading to the patient, enjoying television, talking, or playing games are good activities that can make the patient feel better. Selectively, do things that will be of benefit to the patient.